Limitations and Exclusions.
The following are not considered defects in materials and workmanship to the Product and are not covered by this warranty:
- 1. Any Product that is over three-feet six-inches (3′6″) in width and/or eight-feet (8′) in height.
- 2. For 1-3⁄8″ thick doors, warp not exceeding 1⁄4″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet (3′) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller.
- 3. For 1-3⁄4″ or thicker doors, warp not exceeding 1⁄4″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller.
- 4. For 1-3⁄4″ or thicker doors larger than three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′), warp not exceeding 1⁄4″ in any three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) section.
- 5. Panel shrinkage of 1⁄8″ or less. Note: Panels are designed to “float”. Changes in relative humidity may cause the wood panels to shrink, leaving an unstained line along the panel edge.
- 6. Splitting of panels which does not allow light to show through. Checks and small splits generally occur in hardwoods as a natural characteristic and are not considered defects unless the split allows light to show through.
- 7. Damage caused by attempts other than CBC rustic designs to repair the Product.
- 8. Product failure due to improper installation.
- 9. Damage due to trimming more than one-inch (1″) total of the Product.
- 10. Damage caused by failing to seal all six (6) sides of the Product. All edges must be sealed immediately after fitting and hanging with the integrity of the finish maintained.
- 11. Defects caused by bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung or improper hanging.
- 12. Damage due to failure to perform normal owner′s maintenance, including maintaining the finish (factory or non-factory finish).
- 13. Variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or other finishing material.
- 14. Natural variations in the color, grain or texture of the wood
- 15.Slight expansion due to differing environmental conditions.
- 16. Damage or failure due to the chosen application or anything related to the design, construction or operation of the building that does not meet the care, handling, finishing and use instructions.
- 17. Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of CBC rustic designs, including but not limited to, damage caused by normal wear and tear weathering (including corrosion of components in seacoast applications); customer misuse, abuse, neglect or alteration; or, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado riots, war, acts of terrorism, hostilities, rebellion or other Acts of God.
- 18. Doors shipped out of the continental US, Hawaii or Canada.